First, you need to have posted your sales batches before you can pay consignors. See Posting Sales to Consignor's Accounts first:
Once you've posted your sales:
If you've got more than 100 consignors/vendors, you'll want to first print a Contract Balances Report. To do that, go to Reports within the Hamburger menu. Scroll down to Financial Reports. The Contract Balances Report just shows every contract's balance. The Contract Balances Due report can be adjusted for the last payout made. For example, if you don't want any contract balances that have been paid within the last 30 days, you would put 30 in the field and print the report. This report will then show contracts that have not been paid within the last 30 days. Otherwise, the regular Contract Balances Report will just show every account with a balance. If you payout everyone every month, re-running the report after paying everyone out is a good check to see if you have successfully paid everyone out that is due.
Now that you know who should be paid out, you can go to the Contracts screen and pay out each consignor.
Paying Out in Rose:
- Click on the Contracts from the hamburger navigation menu.
- Search for the consignor to payout by contract # or by last name.
- Click on the contract to highlight it and then click on Payouts at the top of the screen.
- The amount due to the consignor will already be filled in.
- Above the Amount Due shows how many days since the consignor’s last payout.
- If you want to verify the sales, you can click on View Report in the Account Activity Table. That is essentially a preliminary payout report.
- You can settle out sales up to a particular day by clicking on the Settle Date calendar and choosing the day.
- Only transactions will be selcted for payout based on that end date.
- You can also settle out by location if you have multiple locations.
- Select the location you want to payout sales from WITHIN the Account Activity Table. This will payout only sales that were made at that location as well as if you've changed the Settle Date too.
- When you are satsified, you can then proceed to paying out the account.
- Select the location you are paying out from in the Location drop-down menu from where payout was made.
- Input anything in Notes field that you would like to remember about this payout, like "August Payout" for example. This can be viewed later in the Transactions screen.
- Choose the payment type. You have check, cash and electronic for your options. Input a check # or other relavent info in the check/electronic.num if paying by check or electronic payment.
- If you’d like to print a computer check, click on the printer logo in the Check column next to the appropriate payout receipt.
- If everything is correct, click on Make Payment.
- The account activity will be cleared and a payout receipt will be created at the bottom of the screen. This is your final payout receipt you can provide to the consignor/vendor.
- Select the appropriate receipt and click on the printer logo on the left to print the payout receipt for the consignor.
- To provide a digital copy, click the download button and send the receipt by email.
If a consignor/vendor wants to use their money for an in-store purchase, you can change the Payout Method to In-store Purchase and complete the payout by putting the purchase amount in the Payout Amount field, then selecting your Location and then clicking Make Payment.
Paying Out Consignors in Square (Cash Payout or In-Store Purchase):
- If you are paying out in Cash you'll want to make sure Cash Management is turned on in Square for tracking and recording the payouts in Square. Then complete the cash payout in Square. Prior or after completing the cash sale for the items purchased.
- Otherwise, if your consignor is using In-Store Credit from Rose, you can do a split payment in Square for that amount and tender the payment as "Other" in Square and then just type payout when Square asks for more information. Always make sure to go into Rose and record payouts in Rose, whether they are full payouts or an in-store purchase.