First, you need to have posted your sales batches before you can pay consignors. See Posting Sales to Consignor's Accounts first:
Once you've posted your sales:
Go to Reports within the Hamburger menu. Scroll down to Financial Reports. The Contract Balances Report just shows every contract's balance. The Contract Balances Due report can be adjusted for the last payout made. For example, if you don't want any contract balances that have been paid within the last 30 days, you would put 30 in the field and print the report. This report will then show contracts that have not been paid within the last 30 days. Otherwise, the regular Contract Balances Report will just show every account with a balance. If you payout everyone every month, re-running the report after paying everyone out is a good check to see if you have successfully paid everyone out that is due.
Now that you know who should be paid out, you can go to the Contracts screen and pay out each consignor.
Paying Out in Rose:
- Click on the Contracts from the hamburger navigation menu.
- Search for the consignor to payout by contract # or by last name.
- Click on the contract to highlight it and then click on Payouts at the top of the screen.
- The amount due to the consignor will already be filled in.
- Above the Amount Due shows how many days since the consignor’s last payout.
- Select the location you are paying out from in the Location drop-down menu.
- Input anything in Notes field that you would like to remember about this payout. This can be viewed later in the Transactions screen.
- Type in a check # in the check.num if paying by check.
- If you’d like to print a computer check, click on the printer logo in the Check column next to the appropriate payout receipt.
- Otherwise, select the payment type - cash, in-store credit. In-store credit would money used toward a purchase. For information on how to reconcile your cash drawer in Square see: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5152-cash-drawer-management
- If everything is correct, click on Make Payment.
- The account activity will be cleared and a payout receipt will be created at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the appropriate receipt and click on the printer logo on the left to print the payout receipt for the consignor.
- To provide a digital copy, click the download button and send the receipt by email.
- If an account is partially paid out, a new balance will be recalculated. The account activity will still be cleared and that a partial payout was made will be recorded in the transactions screen as well as the new balance at the time of the partial payout.
Paying Out Consignors in Square:
- If you are paying out in Cash you'll want to make sure Cash Management is turned on in Square for tracking and you are recording the payouts in Square.
- If your consignor is using In-Store Credit, you can do a split payment in Square for that amount and tender the payment as "Other" in Square and then just type payout when Square asks for more information. Always make sure to go into Rose and record payouts in Rose, whether they are full payouts or partial payouts.