NOTE: Before posting sales batches, verify that the total net sales in Rose matches what is in Square Sales Summary. If a batch is inaccurate, highlight the batch and click the blue "RE-READ SALES" button and Rose will re-poll Square for that day.
Sales batches are how your Square sales are captured in Rose. Sales batches cannot be edited or posted until the following day.
Once posted, your consignors can see their balances (with $20 Rose Pro Add-On) and get paid out. You can post your sales daily, weekly or monthly from within the Sales Module. A best practice for new stores would be to edit sales batches daily until a majority of your sales are Rose inventory and your editing needs become less. Only post sales batches for the time period you are prepared to payout. Once batches are posted they are payable and cannot be undone.
1. Make sure the net sales total listed on the sales batch matches your Square sales for the day. We don't want to edit and post sales if Rose didn't receive everything from Square on the first pass.
2. To Post a batch, click on the batch to highlight it and then click Complete Batch Post at the top. If the batch successfully posts, it will be gone from the sales batch screen. If it shows as Editing, then there are items in the batch that didn't post. They will be highlighted in red and their status will show Fault
3. To edit individual faulted sales (items in red) within a sales batch by clicking alter on the batch and then click alter next to the item sale you want to fix. Add an account # if it's missing and/or a category if missing and then clicking save changes when finished editing an item's sale.
4. If you don't need to track the leftover sales in Rose, then just delete the batch by clicking Batch Delete. That won't delete items already posted, it will only delete what was not able to be posted (faulted items).
5. When you are finished editing, click the Complete Batch Post button at the top to post your sales to consignor's accounts for payout. Caution: this cannot be undone.
For help with tracking sales on items that were not inventoried in Rose, to help reduce your workload when editing sales batches, see Tracking Non-Inventoried Sales
Ready to pay your consignors?