Items must first be created in Rose before continuing.
Adding Items to your Online Store in Square:
- Click on the Online icon on the main Square dashboard screen on the web.
- Click on Items and then click on Categories. Create your categories and subcategories you'd like to use on your website. Weebly will offer to important your categories from Square once. Unfortunately, they do not stay in sync. Categories are treated completely separately in Weebly from Square (for the time being at least).
- When ready to make items visible on the site, continue below.
- Click on Site Items.
- Click on Add Item from Library at the top right of the screen - this is important. For Rose to track the item, it must be a SKU'd item created in Rose.
- Search for the item(s) item that you want to edit and make visible on your website by using the check box to multi-select if they are visible. Otherwise, search for the item, select it and add it to the site.
- Find the first item you want to edit by searching for it or selecting it from the items below.
- Adjust the description and item name where appropriate and add a picture(s) by clicking the upload icon in the Media section.
- Make the item Visible.
- Choose your fulfillment options.
- Check that your sales taxes are on or off for the item as appropriate.
- Go to Additional Information and click on Stock. Ensure that it is toggled on and click on the drop down menu and select Stock Received and put the appropriate qty on hand and then click update stock. This will ensure items list as sold out when the item sells online or in store.
- Choose the category and subcategories you want to apply to the item.
Important: be sure to pull sold items off the floor when they sell online as Square will allow you to sell a sold out item from the online store in store at the POS. This is something Square has no plans to change. To minimize this, make sure to turn on order notifications in your POS app settings - Managing Online Orders in Square
Once you are satisfied with your item, click Save at the top right of the screen.
Items sold in your Online Store will show up in your sales batch just like in store sales.
Square Links Referenced: