To Add Online Items to Weebly/Square Online
- If you have multiple items you wish to add it helps to add your sku numbers to a word or spreadsheet doc.
- Log in to Square account.
- On the Square dashboard select Online. This will take you to Weebly.
- Click Items from the menu on the left side.
- Click Site Items.
- On the upper right hand side click Add from item library.
- In the search box add your sku. If you have multiple items you can enter more than one sku in the search box.
- Check the box next to the item you want to add.
- Click Add Item in the upper right hand side of the screen. The more items you add at one time the longer it will take for the items to load.
- After you add the item there will be a progress box in the bottom right of the screen.
- Next you will enter your sku into the search box on the Site Item screen.
- Click on the item you want to edit/add online.
- On the Edit Item screen click the Media box on the right hand side. Here you can add one or multiple images of your item.
- You can now edit the Item Title and Description box or leave it as is--you'll need to add a size here too as it isn't imported in.
- Select Visible underneath the Description box.
- Scroll down to the Fulfillment section.
- Here you will select the options that are applicable to your store. If you select Shipping make sure to add a Shipping Weight.
- When you’re finished here scroll down to Additional Information. This is where you’ll update your Stock quantities.
- In the Stock box click Update.
- Make sure Track Stock is toggled on (it will show blue if it’s on).
- In the drop down box select Stock Received.
- Enter the Quantity in the box on the right.
- Click Update Stock.
- Sometimes the screen will be back at the top after you update stock.
- If it is, scroll down the page until you see Categories.
- Click Choose Categories on the right hand side. This might take some time if you have a lot of Categories.
- Select your Categories and click Save.
- Double check everything, the categories, description, fulfillment information. If it looks good you can click Save in the upper right hand side.
Weebly does sometimes reset your items. You will want to go back and check any items that you have added as you may have to edit them again.
Setting Up Variations in Weebly
On the Site Items screen choose the item that will have variations.
On the Edit Item screen scroll down until you see Variations.
Click on Add/Manage Variations.
Under Manage variations click on Regular and enter in the sku and your item description.
For the other variations you’ll click on Add variation, entering in the sku and item description.
When you’ve added all your variations click Done.
Now you’ll need to update stock. To do this click on dash under the Stock column.
Here you’ll make sure Track Stock is highlighted, then select Stock Received from the drop down box and enter your quantity in for this variation. When you’re done, hit Update Stock.
You’ll do the same for all your variations. It may take longer for the Update Stock to load on the additional variations. If it doesn’t load see the Square Variation Guide.
If it allows you to update stock for all variations. Make sure your price and sku are entered in for each variation and weight if applicable.
To add the images to your variations you’ll click on the plus sign on the left of the variation.
You can select an image you might have already added to this item or you can upload from here.
Once you’ve done this you can edit the description at the top, select your categories and hit save.
Square Variation Guide
Sometimes creating variations inside Weebly is difficult. It won’t always let you update the stock.
If this happens you’ll need to log into your Square account.
Select Items from your Square Dashboard
From here you’ll search for the item you’re wanting to add variations to and click on it
Once inside scroll down to Variations and click on Add Variation
Add your description header, sku and price
When you enter the sku you will be warned that the sku is already in use but it won’t be an issue. Click done.
Now you’ll update your stock for each variation by clicking none under the Stock column.
Just like with Weebly you’ll make sure Tracking is on, then select Stock Received in the Stock Action drop down box. Next enter your item quantity and hit done.
Repeat with each variation. When you’re done hit Save at the top of the screen.
This way of adding variations will take a bit longer. You have to give Square time to communicate with Weebly about the variation change.
When it’s updated in Weebly you can add pictures and categories.
Please sign in to leave a comment.