If you have vendors who aren't interested in creating inventory, you can create a variably priced item for each vendor that you will reuse over and over again.
- Go to Inventory, click on Create.
- Enter the Vendor's account number in the Contract field.
- Add a description, brand, etc. if necessary.
- Click on the category you want to classify the "item" as.
- Put a quantity in. It's not super important what the qty is as you will be re-using it but you need to put some number in.
- Enter a price. We need that price even though we won't be using it, it will be a variably priced item.
- Change Pricing Type from Fixed to Variable.
- Check the box "Never Deletes" as we don't want the item to ever sell out as we will use if for every vendor sale for this particular vendor.
- You can leave the automatic fees item checked if you don't have an item fee setup. If you do have an item fee setup and you don't want the item to have a fee attached, then uncheck it.
- Leave Include Tax checked if the item is to be taxed.
- When finished click Save and Close.
Your item will now be sellable on Square via the SKU number assigned, which is tied back to the vendor who owns the item.